U-TECK is pleased to introduce another member of the WeedEnder Vegetation Control System family…the WeedEnder BigFoot Leave-Out Mat. Comprised of 100% recycled polyester fibers, WeedEnder materials are very strong, lightweight, fire retardant, and easy to install and are able to prevent weeds from growing up without herbicide use.
WeedEnder BigFoot Leave-Out Mats are designed and manufactured specifically to replace current “minor concrete vegetation control detail” around guard rail posts in lieu of using grout as a post impact buffer. Installation of the BigFoot Leave-Out Mat around guard rail posts are much easier and less expensive than the traditional method.
• Traditional landscape fabric is not required when using the BigFoot Leave-Out Mats.
• Styrofoam block-outs, if used, stay in place after the surrounding concrete has set-up.
• If styrofoam is not used as a block-out, the void may be filled with traditional backfill.
• The BigFoot Leave-Out Mat is sized to overlap onto the surrounding concrete by 2 inches.
• They are then adhered directly to the concrete using U-TECK’s WeedEnder adhesive. Mfg. part numbers 8ADHESIVE-W (green) or 8ADHESIVE-W-B (black)
Maintenance and repairs are now much less expensive, faster, and safer. No more having to mix grout out in the field. Most often the BigFoot Leave-Out Mat will not need to be replaced, just repositioned and reattached to the concrete. If styrofoam blockouts are damaged, the remaining styrofoam can be discarded and the void now filled with traditional backfill and the BigFoot Leave-Out Mat reattached.